The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is holding its 11th Engineering in K-12 Classrooms Workshop on June 14th, 2014 in Indianapolis, IN. This group aims to provide multiple meaningful examples of how the K-12 education community can encourage students to develop engineering habits of mind. In so doing, attendees will deepen and broaden their understanding of the engineering practices as articulated within the Next Generation Science Standards.
What to expect:
- Results-oriented, interactive, day-long program of professional learning for K-12 teachers
- Wide array of quality sessions for elementary through high-school level teaching.
- Engaging, fun, hands-on activities to share with students
- Ideas for promoting engineering habits of mind within lessons
- Increased awareness of engineering careers in today’s world
- Free takeaway materials for your classroom
- Networking and opportunities for future collaboration
- Certificate of completion at the end of the workshop (helpful when applying for CPE/CPD credits)
- Light refreshments
- Attendee bags
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org